Monday, April 2, 2007

Critical Decisions...



Okay...this was supposed to be a quick and easy one. Do I make those.......ever? Am I even capable of making a quick and easy card?


I was determined to use one of my new Cuttlebug Embossing folders on a card, so that was my misson. I Cuttlebugged a lot of stuff, then ended up using the Mesh folder by Christine Adolph. I love everything she does, don't you?


The stamp is from a Hero Arts set called Letter Messages. The paper is awesome, isn't it? It's from the Basic Grey Perhaps collection. (I am MAKING myself use my prettiest paper...and it is hard for me! I should save it...might need it later and it will be all used up!) Is there a name for this illness?


First I stamped the Hero Arts Thank U stamp using VersaColor Opera Pink on light pink Bazzill cardstock. I embossed using JudiKins clear detail EP, then used my trusty Marvy GIGA scalloped square to punch it out. More layers using Bazzill cardstock, then using my corner rounder on each one. I then layered strips of the mesh Cuttlebugged cardstock in complimentary colors to match the patterned paper to add interest and texture.


When I was finished I just felt it needed something else. Didn't want to add flowers....or any of the usual tried and true embellishments, so I added a phrase using an A Muse stamp..."you're sweet".


What do you think? Is it better with.........or without the added words?


Long day.......too many decisions. I'm off to bed. I hope you have a happy Tuesday, and don't have to make too many critical decisions.

1 comment:

emilymomto3boys said...

I like them both - sometimes you just need a card without a sentiment! LOVE the basic grey!