Saturday, May 12, 2007

Great Day!

What a great day I had today! Seriously!

I went to a "Bow Making" class this morning at the college with two of my stamping friends. We actually DID learn to make bows....but not the kind for cards. Primarily the type we learned to make would be pretty bows for packages or even your Christmas tree. It was so much fun, and we laughed until we hurt.

After that we went shopping at Michael's. I picked up the Martha Stewart Cosmos punch, among a few other things that I wanted but didn't need!

My older son gave me an early Mother's Day present...two tickets to a local wine tasting festival. So my best friend (who really doesn't even like wine) went with me and that's where we spent the afternoon. It was soooooooo much fun! Thanks Doug....it was a great gift! :-)

Fortunately, I didn't drink too much wine so I could post tonight. The main image in the card I made is from Hero Arts and it's called Fancy Vase . I stamped it on watercolor paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, then colored it using Tombow markers. Then I used my GIGA Scalloped square to punch two purple squares, and put them together to make a rectangel. I cut down my Fancy Vase image to fit the rectangle, then used the corner rounder on all four edges. The ribbon is May Arts, and it was strategically placed to hide the seam between the two scalloped squares.

The Thank You is a stamp from a new My Favorite Things set called Grateful Greetings . It was just the perfect size for the oval punch I wanted to use. This is a set I haven't had a chance to play with much yet, but I do love the sentiments!

Both of my sons are coming tomorrow, and they are bringing the grands. Yea! So tomorrow will be a great day too! Am I a happy lady, or what?

I hope all you you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

What a great couple days you had, bow making class and wine tasting. How fun. I like the idea of taking the two scalloped squares to make a rectangle. Thanks for the tip.