Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hero Arts - Help me here....




Composition. There are always choices in composition, aren't there? I was playing with this card tonight. My mission was to use a color combo that I don't normally use. I am content in that I accomplished that! But in my quest with the color combos I got a little lost in the composition of this card.

Where should the flowers be? At the bottom of the card with the sentiment centered? Or should it be to the right with the sentiment moved to the left? (I think that's the one I prefer.) Some days it's apparent. Other days I seem to vascilate. This must be one of those days! LOL!

I do love the colors, and the stamp is a great one from the set called Sweet and Simple Patterns . I have used that set many times, and in each card it always looks so different. Here, I used a Cuttlebug A2 folder to texturize the background paper. It is called Thanks! If you click on Hero Arts Cards (labels to the right), I think you will find four other cards using this set. Can you tell that I like it?

The background paper is from a matstack made by DCWV called Pocket full of Posies, and the ribbon is from May Arts.

Thanks for stopping by today! :-)

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I like the first one...great job nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

It is funny how we all see things differently. My eye goes immediately to the second one; the one that has it all to the center of the card. To me it appears that the flower has fallen off the ribbon in the first card.

Bethany Paull said...

This is beautiful. Your ribbon is an amazing match for the paper. I think I like the flowers WITH the sentiment slightly better.

Lorrie said...

This card is beautiful. love the rich colors. I like the one with the flower and the sentiment together, also. Just seems to flow better.