Thursday, September 6, 2007

Jacob's Jeans


This is a card I made tonight for my oldest grandson Jacob. He is 13 and so NOT into the same things as his little brothers. (He's much older and "maturing"). So I decided this was grown up enough for him. Since it's not his birthday I didn't want to put money in the pocket. I try to save that for special occasions. But I did want to remind him how much I love him....thus my note to him in the pocket.

The stamp is from JudiKins and is called Jeans Pants . I stamped it on white cardstock using Adirondack Denim ink. Then I stamped just the pocket portion again, and cut it out. I adhered only the edges of it over the pocket on the original Pants Pocket so that I could put something inside.

I stamped just the top portion of the stamp on a scrap paper to get my template for the belt. Then I cut it out of brown wrinkled paper. I used a brown pen for faux stitching on the top and bottom of the belt to make it look a little more realistic. Then I cut the belt loops so I could slip the belt inside.

The red tab is a scrap of red grosgrain ribbon.

Super easy to make, and it's sure to make Jacob smile. And that's what makes ME smile! :-)

For the "girly" sample using this stamp, click HERE .

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I hope you have a fantastic Friday!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, the stamp is great.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is simply incredible. I almost reached into my computer screen to feel your card, swearing it was a real pair of jeans! Excellent card! Thanks for sharing!