Sunday, September 2, 2007

Joy to the World...


I hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend. I spent a good bit of today stamping, which always makes my day fun.

This is one of the cards I made today. My photography on this one isn't great because the red ornament really isn't that color in real life. Anyway...the ornament stamp is from Outlines and is called Plain Ornament . One of the coolest things about this stamp IS that it's plain, so you can decorate it any way you wish.
I chose to stamp Outlines Joy to the World inside the ornament. Then I added more stamping by using the Swirly Star Design . Can you see how the design elements are just like the stars and swirls in the Joy to the World stamp? It's a perfect match! All the stamping and embossing were done using a VersaMark ink pad and JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder.

The background is a stamp from Hero Arts called Snowflake & Flourish Background . I stamped it with metallic gold pigment ink.

The corners of each of the layers was punched with a Corner Adorner Concave punch. The embellishments on each corner are Gold GeoShapes Sparklers from Stampendous. These are adhesive gem stickers....and they are way cool! The ribbon is actually two different May Arts ribbons that I put together.

So...that's it for me tonight. I plan to get more stamping done tomorrow...so stay tuned!

And thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card,love how you did the ornament and the swirls on the background paper, the embossing is great.