Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Put On Your Poker Face


When I was making this card I liked it. But once I finished and stepped away from it I decided it was kind of busy. The next time I make it I think I will use red or black cardstock instead of designer paper. But since I have it ready I'm displaying it for you tonight as it is.

The main image is designed by Dawn Houser for Inkadinkado and it's called Poker Face . It is definitely a girlfriends kinda stamp! :-)

I colored on the rubber with red and black Tombow markers, then stamped on white glossy cardstock. The reason I used glossy paper is because the colors are more vibrant than on matte cardstock, and I wanted them to be bright. I used a corner rounder on the stamped panel, then layered twice more, once with red and again with black.

As a background for the embellishments I cut cardstock squares then used my corner rounder on those as well. I put a strip of yellow cardstock down the center of each for contrast so the embellishments would show up a bit better.

The embellishments at the bottom are actually buttons I found in a package at Michael's a long time ago. I clipped the shanks off the back and used Glue Dots to adhere them to the cardstock panels.

The background paper is from The Paper Studio. I found it at Hobby Lobby.

So...is it too busy? What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too busy for some perhaps but not for everyone! I used the same paper to make a birthday card for a friend I've played cards with for years, and she loved it! It's all good :)

Alex said...

I like it but I think the solid in the background would look good too and may make the main image pop. This is cute as is though, as everyone likes different things. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex