Sunday, March 16, 2008

Coming up for air.....and a RAK!

I'm coming up for air, just to let you all know I'm still here....working hard. It should only be a few more days, then I will be able to reveal the big surprise!

In the meantime, I wanted to share this gorgeous card with you. I received it from Jennifer at Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink . If you haven't visited her blog, please be sure to check it out!

Jennifer won my blog candy a while back. As I was packaging up the goodies to mail to her, I saw this stamped image on my desk, so I threw it in the package. I happen to know from my regular stops at her blog that she is an EXCELLENT watercolor artist!


Much to my surprise, I received this beautiful card in the mail from her, thanking me for the blog candy!

The image is Penny Black's A Touch . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

At that point it went in the mail, and Jennifer took over from there! Her coloring and shading on the card is just gorgous. If I had to guess, I think she probably used Tombow markers. I sure hope my photograph captured the depth of color. Her note inside the card commented on the Copper Stickles she won in her blog package. She used them here on the flower centers.

Thanks so much Jennifer....I LOVE this card, and it was so very thoughtful for you to send it!

And thanks to all of you for stopping by. I will be back as soon as I can....PROMISE!

8 comments:

mudmaven said...

That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us. ~chris

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card to receive! Nice job Jennifer.
It's good to hear from you again Michelle. When is your exciting news going to be revealed? I can hardly wait:)
Happy St. Patricks day!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Michelle, I'm truly honored and flattered to find the card on your blog. I'm glad it arrived to you and my most sincere thanks for all of the goodies.

Now about the surprise you are cooking up ... ?

:)

Jennifer

Jeni Glee said...

Oh, this is absolutely beautiful! You are so blessed to now "own" this work of art! Nice, nice, nice!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Happy St. Patty's Day to you, my friend!

I am anxiously awaiting your big news...

mimiburroughs said...

Great card...really pretty!! Can't wait for your exciting news!!! :-)

Been missing you...jackie

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I got my yummy fun flock and MFT stamps in the mail today, thanks for such wonderful service! I'll recommend you anytime I can! *Off to shop some more!*
Amber

Anonymous said...

This card IS gorgeous!!!

I can't wait to hear your big news...