Sunday, April 6, 2008

Under the Weather?

I received a shipment of stamps from My Favorite Things this weekend! Even though I have both of the new sets in stock, I have never played with this one, so I decided to take a few minutes today to ink it up!

This set is called Rain or Shine , and it's one of my MANY favorite from MFT!

I stamped it on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The raincoat is paper pieced from designer paper using the Memory Box Sugar Collection . The circle background paper is also from the same paper pack.


I colored the dog, boots and puddle using Tombow markers, then added Stickles Glitter Glue to the dog's sweater. The rain boots have a layer of JudiKins Diamond Glaze on them to make them look shiny.

To embellish, I added Hero Arts Gemstones and a little organdy ribbon from May Arts .

Did you notice the watermark on my cards? and how it matches my blog and store logo perfectly? It was a gift from my friend Kurtis . Wasn't that super sweet of him? He even gave me instructions on how to use it. I have needed to learn to watermark my card for ages! Thanks again, Kurtis! I appreciate it so very much!

That's it for me tonight. I'm off to put chicken on the grill and package some shipments for the mailbox tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by!


5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, love the layout and that stamp set.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ohhhh!! I love the pink houndstooth Michelle!! Precious!! And that dp....a fabulous backdrop!! Adorable card!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is super! Anyone feeling under the weather who receives this card will be cheered up better in no time. I love you paper combos, paper piecing and the perfectly coordinated embellishments.

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

your choice of color and paper piecing is awesome! Pink and green is so pretty together, and I love this little doggie - reminds me of the dachshund I used to have:) I love the paper, ribbon and bling you used on this card! TFS

Anonymous said...

Michelle; this is such a lovely card! Great job on the paper piercing and love the colour combo! It's better than medicine! TFS: Tinla