Saturday, April 12, 2008

You made my day

There is just something I love about Penny Black stamps! Well, maybe everything?

I received a shipment of the new 2008 Collection of Penny Black stamps this week, and these were the first ones calling out to me.

The main image is called Painter's Vase . I colored on the rubber using Tombow (water based) markers, then spritzed the rubber with water using a JudiKins Fine Mist Spritzer .

The background panel was stamped four times with Penny Black's Corner Piece . Isn't that an elegant and gorgeous stamp?
I was going to stop there, but just felt that white space on the center left need a little something. You know how it is...sometimes we just can't leave well enough alone. So I added a small sentiment from Hero Arts Anytime Messages ClearDesign stamp set. I stamped with VersaMark ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder.

My friend Cammie is giving away some awesome blog candy. Be sure to stop by and leave a post telling her your favorite color so that maybe Random Cara can pick you name!

I plan to do some stamping tomorrow, so I will be back soon with something new.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Hope said...

This is very elegant and lovely. I like the colours you've chosen.

Carolyn King said...

Michelle--This is gorgeous...I absolutely LOVE the way the stamped corners look--amazing. The penny black stamp is awesome too. You rock! hugs!

Bethany Paull said...

Wow! That background is outstanding. I love it in gold with just tiny red highlights.

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment - I'm glad you didn't leave it alone! Love the colours and all the images!

Anonymous said...

love the soft look of these flowers. The BG corners give it a real elegant appeal. TFS

Corie said...

This is just beautiful!!

Karen Lindsay said...

Your creation is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm a big PB fan too. :)

Linda Carson said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! Love it. Elegant, simple but looks as if you spent forever making. Thanks for sharing.
Glitter Queen