Friday, August 15, 2008

An Apple A Day


I could hardly WAIT to ink up this new set from Impression Obsession! It's called An Apple A Day . I think it's an adorable set...and this card will be just perfect for my sweet little grands this Halloween!

I stamped the main image on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers. I accented here and there with a Stardust Clear gelly roll pen for a little sparkle.



The sentiment was cut and framed with my circle Nestabilities.

After putting the card together I added a layer of JudiKins Diamond Glaze to the top layer of caramel on each apple to give it a glazed appearance. You MUST do this last so you don't smudge the Diamond Glaze while it's drying. (This is the voice of experience here!) LOL!

I added Christmas Red Stickles to the dots on the apple on the right. It added a bit more dimension and sparkle.

I hope you all had a fabulous Friday, and are planning a wonderful weekend.

Thanks again for stopping by!

7 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

That is soooo cute...great job of coloring! Won't your 'grands' love it!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love this! They look good enough to eat - your grandchildren will love it!

Kelli C. said...

Adorable!

Gabriela said...

Incredible coloring! I thought it was all DP. Your work is exceptional.

Kristine said...

These are so cute! Can't wait for FALL to start ☺

Deb Neerman said...

This is just the cutest! I love that stamp and your coloring skillz rock!!

You're my idol ....

Anonymous said...

Ok, now you've done it. I MUST have some caramel apples! LOL These treats just look good enough to eat right off the card! Can I come to your house and color with you?!