Friday, October 31, 2008

Birthday Gift Card


First things first! I am sure that by now many of you have heard the sad news about Laurie Schmidlin. Yesterday her daughter had an MRI, and they found a brain tumor. Devastating news, indeed! Laurie and Urs left VERY early this morning taking her to Seattle where she will have a biopsy to determine if the tumor is cancerous. She has some swelling in her brain, and they are concerned about that. As soon as we get more news from Laurie I will be sure to let you all know.

PLEASE, keep them in your prayers. I sent cards to both Laurie and Ali today. And I am encouraging each of you to send cards to them as well. It's the least thing we can do. She needs to know how much we love her, and how much we care. If you would like to send cards, please email me for Laurie's address.



Remember this card from a couple of weeks ago? It's one of my favorite Christmas cards!I used the same stamps to make a card which I was going to post later the same week, but the stamps sold out so I never posted it. Well, the stamps are NOW back in stock!

This card was really pretty quick and easy. I stamped Northwoods Plaid Bow and Ribbon on pink cardstock using Sepia Versafine ink. I sponged a little pink ink on the bows for a bit of contrasting color. Then I cut out the bows and popped them up with foam tape for dimension.


The stamps I used for the Happy Birthday card are from the Hero Arts Cupcakes clear design set. I used my rectangle Nestabilities scallop die to cut and emboss the pink card.

I even decorated the inside with one of the small flowers from the Hero Arts Cupcake set. I have Densie to thank for that. She always does something on the inside of her cards, and I just love the way it looks!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

Love your card Michelle! My heart is breaking for Laurie. Could you email me her address? I would love to send her a card.

Denise Marzec said...

I've been thinking of Laurie all day.

Your cards are so pretty. Love that ribbon/bow stamp...and of course the gorgeous flower on the inside. You go girlie!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Laurie's daughter and hope with all my heart that she'll come through this in good order. I've already emailed you requesting Laurie's address. Thank you for spreading the word through your blog. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

This is the first I've heard of Lauries shocking news. I'm so sorry for the heartbreak her family must be going through and I'll send both Laurie and Ali a card. TFS that information.
Your card is just lovely and I don't have to tell you how much I love this stamp set! It's gorgeous done up in this color pink! I love the tiny matching flower on the inside too! Beautiful!

SmilynStef said...

I just can't get over the amazing 3D look of that wonderful bow ... another gorgeous card.

Jennifer Scull said...

I am praying as I type for their family. I will be in touch to get an address from you.

your card is wonderful by the way. great stamp!

Jennifer Scull said...

p.s. I've just posted info on my blog to get the word out for prayers and cards. thank you again for letting us all know what is going on. Keep us posted as you hear plese.
Jennifer

Velta said...

WOW!! What can I say...this could be used for almost any occasion! Love your colors and the design :)

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS CARDS!!! Ooh my I really love these big fab bows - first I thought it's really a ribbon bow, but it's stamped - awesome!!! I love it!!!