Monday, October 27, 2008

Chickadee Holiday


Sorry I'm so late posting tonight. It's been a bit crazy, but I was determined to post before I call it a night.

This gorgeous stamp is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. In fact, I just received a shipment from them tonight. It's called Chickadee Holiday . Isn't it a beautiful stamp? I absolutely LOVE it, and it was sooooo much fun to color!

I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Clear Detail embossing powder.

The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and blended with a damp paint brush.

The sentiment is Merry Christmas from Impression Obsession. It is the perfect size for my Spellbinders Double Ended Tags die cut. I adhered Pearls from Kaiser Craft to each end of the tag.

The red cardstock is Blush Red Dark Prismatics, and that rich green is Sage Prismatics Dark .

I know this is short, sweet, and to the point. But hey...it's late and time for my evening nap! LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back soon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh this is soooo pretty!! your coloring is just awesome Michelle! You brought life to these gorgeous little birds!! An absolute stunning card!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Michelle, this is beautiful!!! I just love that awesome image and your coloring is jaw dropping gorgeous!!! You are such an enabler...now I gotta get that stamp!!! Have a wonderful night!!!

Denise Marzec said...

I looove this stamp and your coloring with that blue in the background is amazing!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

oh, how pretty is that?!?!
The blue in the background is fantastic, it just makes the whole thing pop!!!!
Now little sweet birds, I love! :)

Anonymous said...

Just plain out beautiful!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Gorgeous! The vibrant colors really make this card POP! Your coloring is just the best.

Jingle said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what fabulous coloring!!! this is a great image, love the card!!!

Jennifer said...

I love your card! It's just precious. The colors look wonderful!

Jennifer L.

Jennifer Scull said...

gosh, this is so pretty! I really like how you did the shading with the blue. it makes everything else just 'pop' right off the card! :)

Cat Tidwell said...

WOW this is awesome Michelle! I LOVE using the blue for the shading, its like it really makes it pop! Beautiful piece of artwork!

Carolyn King said...

woohooo...gorgeous Michelle! i love your coloring. What a beauty!

BTW--i love how you always call night your nap! lol!

Elaine said...

Lovely Christmas card! Great coloring!!