Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas Pelican....and new stamps!

A friend asked if I could make a few "special" Christmas cards for him to send. Since the Pelican is the Louisiana State bird, and since he is a Louisiana State Representative, I thought this image would be perfect! I sure hope he likes it!

The stamp is Impression Obsession's Winter Pelican . It's a fun image, and I enjoyed coloring it. Of course, if you visit my blog very much, you already know I LOVE to color! LOL!

I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers.

I stamped just the pelican portion of the stamp on a scrap of watercolor paper, colored it, cut it out, and used foam tape to pop it up for added dimension.

The sentiment is Merry Christmas also from Impression Obsession. I love the font, and I especially love that it perfectly fits in the Spellbinders Double Ended Tags . To complete the card, I added White Liquid Applique and a little Crystal Ultrafine Glitter to the hat, and Frosted Lace Stickles to the lines that I think are snow mounds.

The cardstock is all from Prism Papers . I used both Classic Red and Classic Yellow Green .

I received an order from Northwoods Rubber Stamps tonight. So I made sure I got all of those photographed and in the store as soon as I got home!

I wanted to show you just a couple of my new favorites! This one is called Holly Pinecone and Ribbon . Is that a gorgeous stamp, or what!


The bird image is called Chickadee Holiday . I LOVE that stamp! Why, oh why can't I stay home from work tomorrow to stamp and color these gorgeous images? I think maybe it's because I need to make a living? LOL! Trust me....I WILL work it into my schedule as soon as I can!

Thanks to each of you for stopping by. I appreciate your time and your kind comments!

I will be back soon, and I hope you are too. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend is sure to love this pelican Christmas card. I know I love it. I love the symbolism. Excellent choice, Michelle.

Denise Marzec said...

I LOVE your pelican card! So beautifully done. :)

...love the new Northwoods stamps too, especially the chickadees. Gorgeous!

Atty said...

Oh now he/she is just sooooooooooo cute. I just love anything that is nautical related. I've put it on my wish list.
You did such a great job coloring too.
Donna

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!! Your friend will love it!!

And that's some yummilicous new rubbah!

~Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute christmas card! I love the scarf around the pelicans neck and the wreath looks so perfect hanging there. I love the glittery snowflakes too. He'll love this card and any more you'll be making too I'm sure:) GJ!