Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Copics for sale?

As painful as it is, I may have to admit defeat! This is my first card colored with Copics markers. Sad, isn't it?

I read the I Like Markers blog every day. Without fail. And it just goes without saying that I read Debbie Olson every day and drool over her awesome coloring and talent. I mean, doesn't everyone?

Sadly, I guess I haven't soaked up any of their knowledge when it comes to using the Copic markers. And here is the evidence to prove it! I tried to blame it on not having the right colors. But hey, I'm a big girl. I must admit my own mistakes and take responsiblity for them. At least that's what my mama told me. Gosh, she was right about a LOT of stuff! :-)


The stamp is Inkadinkado's Eat Ham . I just love that cute little guy! I chose it because it doesn't need a lot of shading. And hey, I'm new at this!

I stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Then I attempted to work magic with my Copics. Didn't happen.

The background layer is Papaya Puree Prismatics dark embossed with my Autumn Type Cuttlebug folder.

The red cardstock is Blush Red Prismatics dark, and the blue cardstock is Island Mist Prismatics .


I even finished the inside of the card with pretty cardstock and patterned paper from my stash. The sentiment is Thanksgiving Greeting .

So...maybe I won't sell my Copics just yet. It might take more than one card to get the hang of it, ya think? I guess I will keep trying as time permits. Because it takes me a heckuv a lot longer to do that than with my Tombows!

Be sure to check back in tomorrow morning. I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What on earth are you talking about? I love your coloring! And you even left a little white spot on his wattle. I'm really not sure if that's what his red "hangey down part" is called or if it's spelled with two Ts instead of two Ds. I love your card. Great job. I still haven't ventured into the Copic world, but it's beckoning me and you're not helping by tempting me like this.

mimiburroughs said...

I think you did a GREAT job!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Noooo you better not sell them! Your first card?? wow! is all I gots to say about that! It will be easier the more you use them. They do give a different look than your awesome water coloring you do though! But that's with anybody, lol! And this card is GAHgeous!

Pam Speidel said...

I agree with the other gals! What the heck are you talking about Michelle! This is WONDERFUL! Maybe it looks worse in real life, but it sure looks perfectly professional on my screen! I've yet to buy any Copics and thought if you were selling yours, maybe I would give them a try. ;) But, you've got it girl so don't give up!

Kimberly Crawford said...

um, ah, um...what are you lamenting about? I think it looks fabulous!!!!!!
*HUGE SMILES*

Mothermark said...

After Tosh's comments I had to come looking for this card! It is so precious! Love that cute little image...Adorable and fun!
I think you coloring with copics is wonderful! I am skeerd of them myself!

Rosette said...

That's a wonderful card.. if things will get any better with more practice... we'll have to give you a special award!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I think this is ADORABLE and that you did a great job using the markers! What are you talking about? It's stinkin' adorable!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

And may I too add.....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? This is darling. Put your glasses on, woman! This is too stinkin' cute!

Now just stop all that nonsense talk and color us up another cute card! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

well, I am going to chime in with everyone else and say that you did a wonderful job! don't beat yourself up - it is great!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Satisfied? Good. Nuffsaid on the matter! Now get back to work. We're waiting with baited breath for more motivating samples of your Copic use (arms folded and foot tapping).

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job! ...but I also absolutely love, love how you can color with your Tombow markers and Prismacolor pencils!

Kerry Johnson said...

O.k. seriously!!! We're not all lying to you!! You're being too hard on yourself! Love your card and your colouring!