Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holiday Marguerita


I found this card and realized that I made it a couple of weeks ago, then forgot to post it! It's beyond me how I manage to do that!

The image is Impression Obsession's Holiday Margarita stamp. I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored using Tombow (water based) markers.

To embellish the image I used Icicle Stickles around the rim of the glass. I also used Lime and Christmas Red on the berries and tree.


The green background panel was embossed using my Snow Dots Cuttlebug folder. The designer paper is a scrap from Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding, and the ribbon is Olive Satin by May Arts.

Each of the three corners has a dew drop from The Robin's Nest Poinsettia collection.

I haven't stamped a sentiment on the inside yet. I will wait to see who I'm sending it to so I can match the sentiment with the person.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, what a COOL image..presents in a margarita glass...HA! Love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Too fun Michelle! Love the sparkle on the glass!! And, as always, your coloring is fantastic!! Love the dp that you put with this image too!!

Anonymous said...

I adore your keen sense of humor, seƱorita!

Kerry Johnson said...

I love this card!! That stamp is fabulous and your colouring is awesome as usual. Have we seen a copic card yet though??????

Sandy said...

That card is so pretty. Love the colors.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh this is great! This is one very festive, colorful and FUN holiday card. Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute and fun holiday image! I love the beautiful coloring and stickles! Love that one rounded corner accent too! Now here's to you - bottoms up!!

Atty said...

Adorable card, makes you want to party. Great job on coloring.

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute! what a great stamp! suddenly I'm thirsty! :D

Kimberly Crawford said...

Wonderful! Michelle, I love how you rounded the one corner, but concaved and gem-ed the others-SO cool!!!
(Did I just make up new words? :))
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Michelle!!!!