Sunday, October 26, 2008

Laughing Cow Owl


Yes, I know that's a strange title, but this little candy container was made from an empty Laughing Cow cheese box!

Yesterday as I was having my low cal, low fat snack of Laughing Cow cheese on melba toast (yum!) it occurred to me that the empty box would be perfect for altering. The wheels started turning, and this is where I ended up. If you haven't tried Laughing Cow cheese, you just must! Garlic and Herb is my favorite, but they have other flavors as well.


First, I peeled off the label on the lid. Mine came off without a problem. But since you're covering that area anyway it really doesn't matter. Then I painted the box with acrylic paint. Lucklily I had just the right shade of green. I really only bought those MM paint bottles because they look cute on my shelves. :-)

While the paint was drying I stamped Penny Black's Greetings From The Wise on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink. I embossed using JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. Sorry, but it's temporarily out of stock.


I stamped the owl again and cut out only the eyes and hat, then popped them up with foam tape to give it a little dimension. All circles and scallops were cut and embossed using my circle Nestabilities.

The sentiment on the box is from Stampendous From The Kitchen clear stamp set. I stamped with VersaMark ink, then embossed with Seafoam White embossing powder. I used my Spellbinders Double Ended Tags to cut and emboss it. I adhered it to the box with foam tape, then added rhinestones to each end to cover the holes.

The designer paper is Christmas Brights from Memory Box. The ribbon is Red Checker by May Arts .

I filled the box with Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolates. They are non alcoholic so you could give them to anyone. And they are soooooooooo good! Do you see a pattern here? Low cal, low fat Laughing Cow and Bailey's Chocolates? NO WONDER my diet isn't working! LOL!

I think this will make a cute gift for a friend, or even a special teacher's gift for one of the grands. I'm still eating Laughing Cow....so I can make more!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I have lots to show you this week, so I will be back soon.

Until then...

10 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

How very creative! Cute!

Kimberly Crawford said...

AAHHHHH! That is WAY too awesome!!!!!!!!! Very cute!!!!!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh what an awesome way to recycle!! And your coloring on that owl, WOW! love how you popped up the eyes and hat! Too stinking cute!

mimiburroughs said...

That is so cute!! I haven't had any Laughing Cow in so long!! Yum...sounds good. Thanks for the great idea!! Have a great week!!

Deb Wood said...

This is really cute! Love the owl, the papers and colors! Aweome gift!

Heather "Hev" said...

Awesome!!! I had trouble saying the title - bit of a tongue twister for me!!!

Anonymous said...

What a charming and delightful use of a container we'd ordinarily toss into the trash! Not only is the candy container a great idea, I love the photograph showing all the products you used to create it! You are just too clever sometimes, and I've had that Baileys candy and I agree - it's yummy!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great idea! I'll have to try that cheese - we are HUGE cheese addicts in my family! :D
and that little owl is just so cute!

Jennifer said...

That is soooo stinkin' cute! I love to see projectst that recycle containers that so many of us have around the house.

Sara said...

This is SUPER-SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!