Friday, October 24, 2008

Monogrammed Bride's Gift


I made this set of card about a month ago and never posted it! Darn, I AM getting forgetful! I think it's because I gave the cards to someone and there was nothing to jog my memory. You know...outta sight, outta mind? At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL!

I went to a wedding about a month ago, and even commented about it on my blog, and the fact that I bought a card to go with the wedding gift. I know...I'm a terrible person!

Well, the problem is that the mother of the groom is my housekeeper. She comes every other Friday and sees all the *stuff* that I have. So a week or so after the wedding she commented on the fact that I didn't make a card. (Hanging my head in shame here.)

Since I was feeling soooooo badly that she felt slighted, I made a set of 6 monogrammed cards for them in their wedding colors. Really, it's the least I could do to get back in her good graces, ya think?

I used the JustRite Damask Kit , and changed out several of the borders and colors so that each one was just a bit different. I used a few Rhinestones and Pearls to dress up some of the cards.

The center strip was embossed using a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. The white background was embossed with a Textile Cuttlebug folder. I guess you can tell those are two of my favorites!


I also stamped the flap of each envelope, but forgot to take a picture before I gave them away. Drats....I hate it when I do that! I even tied a pretty bow around the clear box after I had them all assembled.

So....now I'm guilt free. And I DO love the way THAT feels! They have handmade cards in addition to the one I bought! LOL!

I have serious plans to do some stamping this weekend. Let's just hope my mojo is cooperating. So I will be back soon with some new things....I hope?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

Lovely!!! The CB folder for the background is so wonderfully elegant!! Love the way you changed the borders too!

Jessica said...

Very pretty! I love the bright white embossed background. It really makes the band and monogram pop!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

These are so very pretty! You certainly made up for any hurt feelings with these beauties. I have a wedding coming up soon too and this is a lovely idea.

Anonymous said...

In your previous post you used detail clear embossing powder. Where did you find it? I have looked at all the places i know on the web including your store and can't find it. Please help.

Anonymous said...

these are just lovely and I'm sure the recipients felt very special when they opened them! I love the colors, beautiful design and how each one is slightly different while keeping with the same basic look. I'm sure all is forgiven:)