Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Precious and Few...Stamped Simply


I had so much fun playing along with Sharon's stamp simply challenge last week. So I decided to make one more card using the same challenge rules.

For this card I used my Harmony Circle III Stamp Ensemble from JustRite Stampers. This set comes with 6 design borders and 6 design centers. The 3 1/4" wood stamper is included, so I had everything I needed right in the box!


I colored on the rubber using a Tombow (water based) marker, huffed on it, then stamped on designer paper. I decided not to use a JustRite border around the sentiment since there were other elements that I didn't want to distract from. The stamped image was cut and embossed with my circle Nestabilities.

I used my new Martha Stewart punch for the strips behind the sentment. The cardstock is Prismatics Crabapple in light and dark.

The pearls are from Kaiser Craft and the designer paper is from the DCWV Luxury Stack. This paper is pearlescent, and very elegant.

So easy...and so pretty! I just love it when that happens! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! I'm working on something new, so I will be back soon. I hope you are too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very elegant! I adore your two little flourish borders on the round tag. The MS punch work is exquisite and your graduated pearls are to die for. I feel another order coming on.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Michelle! I love the dp, the colors, the sentiment and I really like how you used 3 different sizes of pearls on the horizontal strip! I have that same luxury stack and somehow I never noticed this design was so pretty!! Beautiful punched borders in alternating colors! Love that!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is soo gorgeous and elegant Michelle! Love the colors too, and how you did the sentiment, that looks awesome!

Rosette said...

What can I say? somply... wow! :) So very elegant and eye-catching. A stunner indeed!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just gorgeous!!! That is one of my favorite centers from that set -- and I LOVE your punched lacey border -- I have NOT seen that MS punch yet -- but boy, will I be on the lookout -- it is GORGEOUS!!! Great job on this card and I'm so glad you were inspired to make another!!! TFS!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! I am such a sucker for flourishes! LOL :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! Is that beautiful or what?!?! The border is to die for!!! Is that another border punch I am going to "need?" :)

Anonymous said...

cute card!! now i'll be singing that song all day!!!

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER beautiful card, Michelle. Love it!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my, Michelle! This is stunning! I've been off on vacation and what a treat to see this lovely piece on my return blog browsing!

Wonderful!

Debbie Olson said...

This is SO beautiful, Michelle! I think I'm in need of another punch now. . . ;-D

Deb Wood said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!