Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sweet Baby James

Yesterday was election day here in Louisiana, and I have to tell you I lost some sleep over the results of a couple of races. My dear friend, Jeff Thompson, was running for Congress in a vacant seat to replace the retiring incumbent, Jim McCrery. Jeff lost by a narrow margin, and my heart is broken. He's one of the finest men I know, and I have the utmost respect for him. He has a beautiful family, is a Christian, and has strong morals and values. The rest of the country lost....not just my friend Jeff. :-(

Sorry, I'll get off THAT soapbox now!

This adorable image is called James and it's from The Artful Stamper .

All designer papers on this card are from the Memory Box Frost paper collection. I paper piece James night shirt, so I actually stamped twice, once on the patterned paper, and once on watercolor paper. I used Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The image stamped on watercolor paper was colored using Tombow (water based) markers. I cut it out, as well as the night shirt, then adhered them to an oval panel cut with my Spellbinders Petite Ovals Nestabilities. I cut the wing and layered it separately so I could pop it up with foam tape to all a little dimension. I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the wings for a little sparkle.
The cardstock I used is all from the Prismatics Mystic , paper pack. Each of the corners were cut using a Cuttlebug die from the Vintage corners set.

I'm trying to make myself pay a little more attention to the inside of my cards. So I used the negative from the oval I cut out for the front of the card, adhered it to a piece of the Prismatics Mystics light. Now, if I could only figure out what sentiment to stamp in there. I don't know that this really *looks* like a Christmas card. So please give me some idea as to what sentiment I might use. All suggestions are welcomed!

That's it for me tonight! It's time to start spazzing out to get ready for the coming work week. LOL!

I have a LOT of new things to show you this week, so be sure to stop back by. Until then...

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, he's ADORABLE!! I said 'awwww' outloud when I opened up your blog.

..love the inside oval too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how sweet, Michelle! Such an adorable image!

Christi Flores said...

Oh how cute is he?!! I love this!!! I am so sorry to hear about your freind. :(

Carolyn King said...

oh no...now you have done it....I NEEDDDDD this stamp now! lol! I love it Michelle!

Carolyn King said...

and....I am sorry about your friend Jeff...unfortunately it is not always the BEST people who win. Sigh! hugs, my friend...

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! This is one of the sweetest images I've ever seen. The sentiment "friend to friend" comes to mind when I look at the little bird on the boys arm. Beautiful colors and layering!