Thursday, October 16, 2008

Three Tree Christmas

I really like this new Hero Arts clear stamp set. My intention was to do it in soft shades of blue, but obviously I got distracted and went in a different direction! I AM easily distracted these days! LOL!

The name of the clear set is Three Tree Christmas . I stamped it on Neenah Solar White cardstock using VersaMark ink, then embossed with JudiKins Malachite embossing powder. I don't know how much you can tell about the color of the embossing powder unless you click on the image to enlarge it. But it's gorgeous stuff! It's several shades of green with a copper fleck in it.

For the sentiment, also included in the set, I stamped with Versamark ink on acetate and embossed with copper embossing powder. Actually, the sentiment shows up well in real life, but not as well as I would like in the photograph.

The designer paper is from the Memory Box Frost Collection . I even stitched around the edges with brown thread. The cardstock is Sage Prismatics and Suede Brown Prismatics .


The snowflakes on the front and inside the card were cut with my new Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder . I cut them from Cryogen White cardstock, then added a touch of Stardust Stickles to give them added sparkle. The pearl is from Kaiser Craft .

The sentiment on the inside is also from the Three Tree Christmas set.

Oh yes....tonight is the night to announce the winner of the first ever Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge! I numbered all the entries (leaving out the comments that were just really comments), then went to the random thingy to get the number.

Here are your random numbers:

10

Timestamp: 2008-10-16 23:29:41 UTC
The winner is Jessica!
Blogger Jessica said...

I love that stamp! Those hens crack me up (haha, pun intended).

You can find her card in the SCS gallery using the keyword SDDC1, or on HER BLOG .

Jessica, please email me your deets so I can get your prize in the mail to you! :-)

My sincere thanks to everyone for playing along. We will be doing it again the first Thursday in October!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with another card! Until then....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your card is lovely! Yes, I was able to see the various shades of malachite and flecks of copper in the enlarged image. Very elegant. On another note, your shipment arrived here today. So that was what? A transit time of one day? How DO you do it? Thanks for the free sample of that gorgeous white organza. I love it!

mimiburroughs said...

Great card!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessica! Your card was lovely!
Michelle, this tree image is lovely and looks exactly like a cold winter's day! Your stitching is perfect and I love the distressed edges and great ribbon treatment! It's wonderful even if I do hate that winter is on the way :(

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh Michelle!! This is gorgeous! That looks like an awesome set for sure - love the beautiful script on the inside sentiment. Gorgeous background paper, too!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much!!!

I was so distracted by your beautiful card, I just skimmed over the post, and went to post a comment. It wasn't until I read Carol's comment that I went back to read the post!

Anyway, this card is gorgeous. The colours of the embossing powder, the sentiment, the snowflake. Beautiful!

I am emailing you right now!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

WOW!! This card is STUNNING Michelle!! I love those trees!! And your distressing and sewing are fantastic!! Fabulous my friend!! Absolutely FABULOUS!!!