Friday, October 17, 2008

True Friends Urban Prairie Style!


I made this card for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge. According to the rules, you can't use any picture stamps. The only stamps allowed are sentiments or background stamps.

Since I called in this morning taking the day off for a *mental health day*, I was fortunate enough to have the time to play along!

A friend of mine is going through some tough times right now. And sadly, I don't get to spend as much time with her as I used to, so I thought this sentiment would be perfect. The card is going in today's mail!

The sentiment is Penny Black's True Friends . I love that sentiment, and could actually use it for all my friends that I don't see often.

I stamped it on Urban Prairie paper using turquoise pigment ink, then embossed using JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. I used my petite oval Nestabilities to cut and emboss.

The designer paper is also from the Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper pad.

I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and cut the butterfly twice. Once in the turquoise color as a base, and the second time from Sunflower Prismatics medium. The bling on the butterfly is from Kaiser Craft .

Honestly, I have to admit that I wanted to add ribbon or something else. But ultimately I decided that the paper was pretty enough to stand on its own, so I quit while I was ahead!

Thanks for the challenge, Sharon. It was so much fun to be able to play along!

And thanks to each of you for stopping by!

11 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

WOW!!! Awesome card!!

Bunny B said...

This is GORGEOUS! It's so sweet!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your card is just beautiful!!! It has so much life, fun and interest without doing a ton of stamping -- and that's good!!! Love it all and I'm sure your friend will as well!!! So glad you got to play today and you know, there is NOTHING better for mental health than time in your stamp room!!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!I love the designer paper.

Heather said...

You're right the paper is pretty enough to stand on its own. It is a beautiful card. I love the way the designs on the paper frame you sentiment perfectly.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I love how you met Sharons challenge!! Stamping is the best thing for clearing one's mind and I'm so glad you took the day off work to relax and do what you enjoy! I love all the butterflies and gorgeous elements on this great card. The sentiment is so very true as well!!

Amy said...

love, love, LOVE this card!!!!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! That paper is so pretty.

Jessica said...

That paper is stunning. I love how the images on it seem to curve right around your sentiment. Perfect placement!

NT said...

I am the lucky friend that received this card in the mail today. It's MUCH cuter when you can actually feel it in your hands. It put a HUGE smile on my face. I can't describe how important it is to have Michelle as my best friend.