Thursday, October 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland Tree x 2


I did a little stamping last weekend and made this quick and easy card with Impression Obsession's Winter Wonderland Tree . Every day I read and drool over Sharon Johnson's cards, and so admire her simple yet elegant style. (She is one of my idols!) I will admit I didn't quite achieve it here, but my goal was to "Stamp Simply".

I stamped the Winter Wonderland Tree on Twilight Prismatics dark, then embossed using Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder. TIP: Be SURE to swipe your cardstock with Static Guard before stamping. It keeps the little embossing particles where they should be! Trust me....you'll be glad you did!

The little sentiment is from the Penny Black Holly Day Critters clear stamp set. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut it, then a Martha Stewart punch for the white circle behind it.

I added self adhesive Pearls to embellish the tree. The ribbon is May Arts White Sheer Ribbon . The notecard is Twilight Prismatics medium.

So tonight when I got home from the office I decided to use the same stamp and kick it up a notch while still keeping it simple! I stamped the Winter Wonderland Tree on blue shimmer cardstock, then embossed with Seafoam White embossing powder. This time I cut it out using my Spellbinders Petite Ovals.

The background paper is the same blue shimmer paper, and the notecard is Twilight Prismatics dark. Again, I used self adhesive Pearls to embellish the tree, and White Sheer ribbon.

Either of these cards could easily be mass produced if you need a LOT of cards. And I think the result is pretty nice for stamping simply.

Don't forget about the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge. You MUST enter to win the goodies! See my post below for all the details.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with something new.

7 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Michelle! WOW!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! I love the scalloped oval! It added so much! Great job!

Anonymous said...

These 2 cards are GORGEOUS!! I love to stamp simply, but I seem to add layers and embellishments all too often. I love the pearl accents and sheer ribbon. Both are perfect additions to these spectacular cards! Beautifully done Michelle!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle, these are both beautiful!!! I LOVE to see cards where the first is simple, but lovely, and then the next is kicked up a notch -- JUST what you did here -- those added pearls are FABULOUS!!!! WOW!!! Your cards, either of them, are a perfect fit for the challenge I posted today -- LOL -- you were a day ahead of me -- great minds think alike!!! It was a pleasure to veiw these -- thanks!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both cards are just GORGEOUS Michelle!! I love the white on the blue...the ribbon...the pearls!! WOW!!

Kristine said...

WOW--these are soo beautiful, and your pearls add that extra special touch to them!! =)

Atty said...

Very pretty cards. Nice touch with the pearls.
Donna