Monday, March 16, 2009

Make A Wish


Since I didn't have much stamping time this weekend I made a quick and easy card with this new Hero Arts Clear Design set called Birthday Frames . I love it that there are four different birthday images in that set. And some of them can easily be adapted for masculine birthday cards. I need those the most with all the grands and two sons.

I stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Tombow markers. Then I used scissors to cut around the scalloped edge. I matted the main image to Baby Pink Prismatics medium, then to Frosted Kiwi Prismatics and last to Suede Brown Prismatics dark.

I popped up the main image with foam tape for dimension. The designer paper is from the Penny Lane collection by My Mind's Eye called Tiny Dancer . The green horizontal strip in the center is the reverse side of that same Tiny Dancer paper.

I pierced some holes in the pink horizontal mat. The brown burlap string is by May Arts.


Just for fun, I wanted to punch out a series of the circles to pop up with foam tape on the bottom of the card. But as many circle punches as I own, I couldn't find one that size. Finally it hit me...what about my new Easy Brad Maker Kit ? The smallest circle punch in that set was the perfect size! I just love it when things work out like that!

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I hope you're all having a good week (so far)!

11 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

Very cute card!!

Christi Flores said...

I love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at all those yummy layers! I adore multiple layers. You said it was simple but to me it looks like a lot of work went into this beauty!

Denise Marzec said...

The popped up circles along the bottom are VERY cool!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Super cute card and I ADORE the colour combo!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! What a great framed image!!! Perfect b-day card!!!

Jekka said...

What a happy, fun card!!!! Thanks for sharing.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

What a wonderful birthday card! It is so happy and festive and lovely! Anyone would feel very special to receive such a birthday treat with this card. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Michelle- love your Birthday Card!! Looks Like you got your mojo back.

Carol L said...

You are so clever to pop up those little dots for a border! Way cool!! Love all the layers and tied burlap string! It's a great, festive card!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love that gorgeous paper, michelle, and the image is adorable!!! The popped up circles look soooo cool!!!