Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let's Snuggle!

Today the Featured Stamper on SCS is Wattle . I had never been to her gallery before, and I so enjoyed looking at her gorgeous cards! So this card is for FS116 in her honor. The card I chose to case is HERE . I so loved her layout and beautiful design.


The stamp I chose to use is Penny Black's Snuggle . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and blended with a damp paint brush.

I cut out the little mice and mounted them to a white circle embossed with my Flowers Impressabilities . The little hearts are punches. I layered some of them, then added a bit of Frosted Lace Stickles to the smaller ones.

The circles were then mounted to two panels cut out with my new Labels Three Nestabilities .


The designer paper is from the Penny Lane Tiny Dancer paper kit by My Mind's Eye. The cardstock is all from the Pink Prismatics paper pack. The large rhinestones in the center are Soft Pink rhinestones by Kaiser Craft. The tiny ones on each corner are Mini Rhinestones by Zva Creations.

The sentiment on the inside is a NEW RELEASE stamp from JustRite Stampers . It's from the Tiny Words & Centers stamp set.

After stamping I cut the sentiment with a circle nestability, then cut a dark pink layer using my new Inverted Circles Nestabilities . The lighter pink circle is cut with a scalloped circle Nestability. I just love the effect when combining those two shapes! The two large panels were cut with my Labels Three Nestabilities .

Gosh, this sure turned out to be a long post. I guess I had a lot to say! LOL!

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome idea to use the Impressabilities on the circle behind the mice. That looks FANTASTIC! So is your coloring. The inside with the new JR is so cute too. Love it all, girl!

Carol L said...

First of all, welcome home:) I'm betting you're happy that's all behind you:)
This card is ridiculously CUTE!! The image is super sweet, and the papers, corners and layers are over the top! This card was worth waiting for:) Sweet!!
Carol

Amy Sheffer said...

Awwwww, how perfectly sweet! Love the embossed white background for the mice!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute case - Michelle!!! Love the corner flourishes!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Welcome back! Hope all went well!

Your card is just beautiful and in my favorite colors!! What kind of wc paper do you use?

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Michelle, this is one of the most delightful cards I've seen in a while. Beautiful colors, layout and your use of various Nestabilities combined together to create lovely effects.....well, this card is so perfect in so many ways. I just love it!

Joy said...

WOW! Michelle, this is adorable. I just love your work!

Jennifer Scull said...

I'm glad that you are safely home after your exciting trip! ;) but really, welcome back!

and your card is stunning! truly gorgeous! love the little mice!

Kimberly Crawford said...

LOVE this!! Love every single inch of this!! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!