Monday, April 20, 2009

Long Stem Cuties!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Penny Black stamps??? Are you tired of hearing it? LOL!

When I started this card I intended to make a Mother's Day card. But since my mother has been gone for some time now, I wouldn't have anyone to send it to. So I decided to make it a card for the grands. They simply love getting mail, especially when it's a cute card! Well actually, I do too! :-)

The stamp I used is Penny Black's Long Stem Cuties . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush.

I stamped the image once again and cut out the little mice so I could pop them up with foam tape. I love the added dimension. Someone asked a while back how I cut out my images. I just use good scissors like these . I rarely ever use a craft knife for that purpose.



For the sentiment I used my JustRite Times Roman Upper Case and Times Roman Lowercase fonts. I cut out the sentiment with my Labels One Nestabilities . To embellish, I punched out two hearts then added Ultrafine Transparent Glitter using my Quickie Glue Pen for adhesive.

The designer paper is Urban Prairie by Basic Grey. The cardstock is Prismatics Island Mist Light and Intense Pink . The ribbon is Rose 5/8" Sheer by May Arts.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog today. I hope you all had a great start to your week!

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Your watercoloring is awesome....AWESOME I tell ya!

Nancy C. said...

I just came across you blog and just love this card! The mice holding onto the rose is just too cute!! Great job!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful card!

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my gosh, Michelle, this is so adorable! Love those little mice!

Sonia said...

This is beautiful, i do love this stamp.
Hugs Sonia x

mitch1066 said...

i agree their images are cute,timeless and so versatile....wish i owned some LOL.Lovely card!

lisa808 said...

Such a cute image.

Carol L said...

Michelle, the grands will LOVE receiving this sweet little reminder that Mimi loves them:) Your talent for coloring never ceases to amaze me :) Sweet!!!
Carol

Lynette said...

Beautiful! I just love your coloring.

Silke Ledlow said...

Cute as can be!!! The image is so darlin'- love how you've popped up the mice :)!!!!

Love all your latest cards...sorry I have been so busy - hard to catch up!!! Hugs ~S~

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Michelle - I love love love this image! What a great stamp! You always do magical things with your stamps and how I wish mine turned out half as beautifully as yours.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Michelle!! I LOVE this card! And that stamp is to-die-for!

As always, your coloring skillz are da bomb; great card!

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous coloring, Mishelle....love how you popped up the little mice, too!!! Such an adorable card...your Grands are going to love it!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

I think this is just so adorable! those little mice are so much fun they make me smile! :D and good scissors make a world of difference!