Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet Lemonade

Oh, how I DO love new toys!!! Today I found a little time to play with one of the new Impression Obsession stamps AND one of the new Spellbinders dies that I got in the store last week. Life is good, indeed! :-)


The stamp is called Sweet Lemonade . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers.

I cut and embossed the stamped image with the NEW Labels Four die from Spellbinders. I will show you how I cut and layered the yellow panel in just a moment.


I popped up the umbrella and the lemon and four leaves on the top. The berries are Soft Pink Rhinestones from Kaiser Craft. The designer paper is Basic Grey Urban Prairie . The cardstock is Frosted Pink Prismatics and Frosted Yellow Prismatics . I added a little rose sheer ribbon to the center panel, and Frosted Lace Stickles to the umbrella.

To make my yellow layer I used the same size Labels Four die as I used for my stamped image. It is the second from the largest in the package. I cut a yellow panel, then cut it down the middle lengthwise and adhered it to the main panel.

Next, I took my scissors and snipped off the top and bottom as shown in the photo above. Sorry these photos are so poor. I took them before daylight this morning!

Using scraps from my yellow cardsotck, I just cut and embossed small portions of the top and bottom of the panel, then adhered them as shown.

I hope that was clear. If not, please don't hesitate to ask. If you leave a question in the comment section please BE SURE that I have a way to respond to you. Okay?

So....we have two winners from Monday's post that didn't claim their prizes! And yesterday's winner hasn't yet claimed hers from the Guess What... post. But she still has a little more time.

As promised, I used the random.org thingy to select two more winners. They will have until Tuesday at 6pm CST to respond. Otherwise, we will draw again!

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

16 154

Timestamp: 2009-04-05 21:55:36 UTC

Our Little Inspirations said...

Congrats on your blog's anniversary! How long have you been blogging? Wow, all this inspiration in one place! I've grown so much since discovering this fabulous blog! Thanks for all you do!!
The harmony rectangular set is high on the top of my list, although there are countless JustRite items I "NEED"! LOL
TFS and again, congrats!!

March 30, 2009 8:17 AM


Blogger artfulwhimsies said...

I would love the new recipe border set!! it looks awesome~

March 31, 2009 9:48 AM

So ladies, please email me at michelle@stampersdream.com so I can get your packages out to you!

I will be back tomorrow night with a new card and the winner of the What's Cookin' Borders & Centers from THIS POST .

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to stop by.

20 comments:

Danni said...

I love this card! Wow!! So pretty and fun!

Denise Marzec said...

Ahhhhhh, labels four!!..love them!! Adorable image too. I love the glitter on the edge of the umbrella.

Kathleen said...

Just found your blog...love it! Beautiful card - love the details!

Yvette said...

Wow! This card is amazing!!! It is so cute and fresh!!!

Carol L said...

This card and stamp are adorable! So summery and I LOVE the heart-shaped lemon slices & glitter on the little umbrella! Great tip for layering those fabulous nesties too, TFS!

Pat said...

Ahhh!!! You are so smart!! I love how you've used the labels four

Jerri Kay said...

Way too cute, just love this card!

lisa808 said...

Amazingly beautiful card.

AHadley said...

OMGoodness, the yellow and pink together with that stamp set is just DELICIOUS! I love everything about how you did this card :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Yummy-licious card - Michelle!!! Awesome colors and the Nestie's are wonderful!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

that stamp is just as darling as can be! heart shaped lemon slices - oh yeah, my collection needs this stamp without a doubt!

and congrats to the new winners!

thanks for the tutorial! :)

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

I'm cracking myself up now. God, I just slay myself sometimes. You see, I started to post a comment here yesterday because I was so taken with this lemonade card, and then on the spur of the moment decided to pop on over to your store and buy the ingredients to make this grand ol' glass of lemonade. I had so much fun shopping, that I forgot to finish posting my comment - so here it is now - a day late and a dollar short. Well I wasn't short a doller or anything - I paid with a credit card of course. So there you have it, great card - it captivates me.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooooooh, Michelle...I LOVE the new Label's 4!!!!! Your card is sooo gorgeous with the soft, pretty colors and the awesome stamp!!! Ok, that does it...I have tried and tried to be good but I can't stand it any longer...off to shop!!!

Scrapacat said...

Just gorgeous! I'm going to give that technique a try. Thanks for the details!
~ky {scrapacat}

Michelle Pearson said...

this is totally gorgeous...I'm pretty sure you need my address!! ;) Love it, love it, love it!!!!

retiredheather said...

Thanks so much for the tip on the yellow layer. Fantastic. I have tried tracing the outside of the die and then cutting it out but you can't emboss it. Great card.
Hugs
Heather

Kimberly Crawford said...

oooohhhhh!!!! LOVE the colors and the design!!! SUCH a clever way to layer those Nesties!!!

Emily said...

Love this fab card! I have a question...can one ever own too many Nestabilities??? I don't think so!!!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card, great tip and a lovely stamp!
Clairex

Beth S said...

Thanks for the tip. I wondered how that type of matting was done. I'm definitly going to be using that idea.