Thursday, April 9, 2009

You Bless Me

I had a little time to play, and I couldn't wait to use this new angel image from Whiff of Joy . The stamp is called Confirmation Melinda . Isn't she pretty? Now I don't send many cards for confirmation, but I can think of many other appropriate uses for this stamp!



I stamped on watercolor paper, colored with Tombow (water based) markers and cut out the image. All designer paper is from the Chatterbox artsy.licious fine paper collection . The background panel is flocked, and the oval and sentiment panels are glittered. This is some gorgeous paper!!!

I used my new Labels Four Nestabilities to cut the panel for the sentiment both on the outside and the inside of the card.

The You Bless Me sentiment is by Wordsworth. The ribbon behind the sentiment is rose sheer from May Arts. I tied two knots in the ribbon before adhering it to the card layer to bunch it up.



The sentiment on the inside is You're an Angel by Stampendous. It was stamped on Frosted Pink Prismatics cardstock using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The brighter pink cardstock is Intense Pink Prismatics . I added two small adhesive pearls to each end of the sentiment. After looking at the photo, I think I may take those off. I might like it better without them.

The last step in completing the card was to add Frosted Lace Stickles to the angel wings.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. I will be back soon. Until then...

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooooh, she's adorable. Dress her in red or green and she'd make a beautiful Christmas angel too.

Love the paper! You'll be seeing it on my blogaroo tomorrow.

Carol L said...

what a sweet little angel! I love how you cut her out and popped her up! Love the sweater and matching headband too - just lovely!

Diane Du said...

Great, now I have to get this stamp for my daughters' and their friends' First Communion, Confirmation, etc. along with the "You're an Angel" stamp for those cards and thank you cards. You are dangerous to my wallet

Jan Castle said...

Oh soooo sweet card. Thanks for sharing your little angel.
Jan Castle

Jennifer Scull said...

just so precious! and I absolutely love all the pink!!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

What a precious little angel!!! Your card is so beautiful inside and out!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, so DARLING!!!!!!!