Sunday, May 10, 2009

Friends...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I hope you all had a wonderful day spent with loved ones, doing exactly what you wanted to do! After all...it's your day!


I got a little stamping done this weekend, and actually used a couple of stamps I've neglected for a while. The main image on this card is Friend Calligraphy from Paper Inspirations. I stamped it on Neenah Natural White cardstock using Cranberry Adirondack ink. I overstamped the sentiment using the Watercolor Flower Stem stamp, also from Paper Inspirations. I used Seashell Pink ink from Ranger to get a soft background image.

The stamped image was cut and embossed using Labels Four Nestabilities . I matted it using Crabapple Prismatics medium. I did a little mini tutorial on how I mat Labels Four. You can see it on THIS POST .

The designer paper is from the Madeline Paper Pad . I made my flowers using Martha Stewart punches, distressing the edges a bit with Tea Dye Distress Ink . The cardstock used for the notecard and flowers is Crabapple Prismatics light and medium. The adhesive pearls in the flower centers were colored with Copic Marker RV34 to get the color I wanted.

I do hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, gf, this is FANTASTIC!!....the Madeline DP, Crabapple Prism is one of my favorite shades, and that's some BEAUTIFUL stamping. Love the soft floral image behind the words.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just stunning!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my Michelle!! This is gorgeous!! Love the papers and that Paper Inspirations sentiment with the vertical Labels IV is Fabulous! Your flowers are awesome too!!

Jerri Kay said...

Michelle, this card is so beautiful! I love the flowers you made with the MS punches and the background paper is so incredible gorgeous! A fabulous card to give to a friend, I just love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy belated Mother's Day - Michelle!!! I hope you had a super time with your family?!?

Your card is gorgeous!!! Love those new Nesties and the sentiment is just beautiful!!! The punched out flowers are the perfect touch with this beauty!!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Happy Mother's Day Michelle! Hope you had a good day.

This card is wonderful. Abolutely beautiful. The layered flowers and the sentiment too are lovely!

lisa808 said...

Wow, gorgeous card!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

So Beautiful!! Love the colors.

Gabriela said...

Michelle - this is stunningly gorgeous. Or maybe I mean jaw-dropping gorgeous. either way, it's sensational. I adore the Madeline DP and Prismatics, but it's your adorable flowers and greenery that stole my heart. I'm going to have to shameless case this one too. You are SUCH an enabler!

Carol L said...

I'm LOVING these colors! And do I see you finally breaking out your Copics?!?! :) Love those layered flowers and pearls, and especially the whispery soft floral image on the main panel! Very purty!!!

retiredheather said...

What a beautiful card! I love the way you do your mats and those flowers are the perfect touch.
Hugs
Heather

Michelle said...

Just beautiful. What a wonderful card to send to a friend just to say hello.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh, I LOVE this. . .especially with that Nestabilities shape! Stunning card!

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Michelle....love the colors on this and the row of gorgeous layered flowers....Hope your Mother's Day was super special!!!!!

Joseline said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Love everything about it. Gotta get my hands on the Martha Stewart flower punch! Beautiful!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

OH MY!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!

Heather T said...

This is lovely, the flowers look gorgeous and the whole card delicate and pretty.