Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Gift For You!

Today is my older son's birthday! Happy Birthday, Doug! I love you! So I've had birthday on the brain for a while, trying to come up with a fun way to present a gift card.

This fun gift card holder is basically a 4.25" x 4.25" card with a 1.25" fold over the top. I used my new JustRite Birthday Wishes Borders & Centers set with a 2-3/8" Wood Block to make the tag for the front. As you can see, I used my circle Nestabilities in several sizes to cut and layer. The wavy border is an EK Success punch.

The sentiment on the inside is also from the Birthday Wishes stamp set. I just used a corner rounder on the edges to make it about the size and shape of a gift card. Remember that you can click on the photos to get a larger view.

The designer paper is all from the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Paper Crafting Kit . I love those fun summer colors! The green cardstock is Kiwi Prismatics .

The circles around the sentiment were cut from the Snorkel paper using two punches from my Easy Brad Maker Kit . The largest circle was cut using a small nestability circle. I added a couple of Dew Drops to the circles for some dimension and texture.


This last photo is to show you how I attached the Snorkel Ribbon to the tag. I punched a circle from Kiwi Prismatics cardstock, then used my SU! slot punch to make two holes for the ribbon. Worked perfectly!

Be sure to see what the rest of the Dream Team has created! This is the schedule for the rest of the week:

Wednesday - Denise , Tosha , and me

Thursday - Cindy , Laurie , and me

Friday - Cindy , Cammie , Tosha , Denise , and me

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today. I love it when you do.

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Well Happy Birthday to Doug! He's gonna love this, Michelle. Such fun papers and I love the way these "circle" stamps can be used in other ways if the border is left off.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just adorable, Michelle! Those papers are fabulous. . .so fun and colorful!

mimiburroughs said...

LOVE IT!!! As always...I love your color combos & designs!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

AHHH! How cute is that?!?! What a completely clever gift card holder!!!! LOVE the bright colors too!
Happy Birthday to your son! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What fun colors!! Perfect to CELEBRATE! Darling gift card holder. Whew...so glad it's not food again. How's a girl supposed to maintain willpower with everything you've been showing. LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG!! Woo-Hoo!!

mudmaven said...

Happy Birthday Doug! This is such a bright and sunny project. Love it and I'm sure he will too! ~chris

Mothermark said...

Well Happy Birthday Doug! You mamma sure must think you are special making you this wonderful card/gift card holder!

Michelle...its so cool! And I love the *shoe lace* touch! Kids and their gift cards.....life doesn't get any better! Giggle!

Love it!

Gabriela said...

Many happy returns to Doug (a.k.a. The Birthday Boy). His card is adorable and so cheerful. I adore that polka dotted Cosmo Cricket and can't wait to cut into mine. Your cards are always so very uplifting. I spend way too many hours perusing your blog.

slbt17 said...

What a great card! He is going to love it!
Sandra

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome gift card holder, Michelle...I'm sooo lovin those gorgoeus papers!!!