Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Got Cookies?

Okay...I promise this is my last food post this week! But I had more cookies! What's a girl to do when she has cookies, JustRite Stamps AND Spellbinders Nestabilities ? LOL!


This cookie stack topper was made with a stamp from the Tiny Words & Centers stamp set and the 1-3/16" Wood Stamper .

I stamped on Iced Amethyst Prismatics cardstock, then cut and embossed with a circle nestability. The stamped image is layered with another cut with Inverted Scalloped Circle Nestabilities then layered to a scalloped circle nestabilities layer. I added a Mini Rhinestone to the flower center.

The flowers are cut from Dahlia Nestabilities and embossed using my Flowers Impressabilities . I distressed them a bit with Milled Lavender Distress Ink, then put them together using foam tape to pop them up a bit. The ribbon is 5/8" purple sheer by May Arts.

This cookie stack topper was made using the What's Cookin' Borders & Centers set and a 1-5/8" Wood Stamper . I used my Blossom Nestabilities to create the flowers.

In order to give them the pink edge, I cut one of each size from Intense Pink Prismatics cardstock. I cut each petal as shown and layered them on to the back of the pink and white polka dotted flowers. I just felt they needed more definition, and the intense pink edges did the trick.

I curled each of the petals around the handle of a paint brush, layered them using foam tape, then added a few Mini Rhinestones .


On the bottom of the Teacher Treats stack I used a sentiment from the Tiny Words & Centers set.

Here is a picture of this weeks goodies all together. You may notice that one cookie set is missing. Well, I DO get a little hungry when I'm stamping! LOL!

This is the schedule for the rest of the week. Be sure not to miss what the Dream Team has for you!

Thursday - Cindy , Laurie , and me

Friday - Cindy , Cammie , Tosha , Denise , and me

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with another JustRite project!

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Girl, you're TOTALLY making me hungry this week, LOL! LOVE the amethyst colors and your use of the dahlia/blossom nesties. These look FANTASTIC!!

Mothermark said...

My address is......

Snort!

This is so cool! I love the stacks of cookies all dressed up in
their best Thursday Outfits! They are so fun Michelle! I am wondering if you had the time to bake? If you didn't, say you did and then we will be even more impressed! Its Martha Steward inspired, I think!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous cookie toppers Michelle!! Love how you used the different Nesties. And the colors and textures are so fun!! This will cost you though for the torture you put me through...do you know how hungry I am when I come home from the gym? And then see this? Pay back girl....oh yeah!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable Michelle! What teacher wouldn't LOVE these? I may have some end of the school year gifts now! THANKS! :)

Carol L said...

Oh My, I can't take much more of these awesome cookie projects! Between Denise's coffee projects and your yummy cookies, I can't stop drooling! LOL I LOVE the layering of the purple Nesties, but all of the others are just as amazing! TFS such a fantastic way to offer up a couple cookies for a special treat!

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL>....and i love how they all look in that basket. What a GREAT way to make baked goods so special!!!

Off to get some lunch! lol!

Gabriela said...

Well, no, actually I DON'T have any cookies, but I do have a tall glass of ice cold mil that's just waiting for one of your cookies! And that's that!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my, Michelle...you have been busy stamping and cooking...two of my favorite past times!!! I love all the super awesome cookie wrappers and the basket full of goodies is amazing!!! I'm with you on the stamping and eating gig, too...your my kinda stamper!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful!! SO clever and do-able and gorgeous!!!!!!

Barbara said...

What a fun idea! I love these!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful!! The wrapping is just too pretty to open!!
--Hugs Becca