Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's A Cupcake Kind of Day...


I don't know what took me so long in getting around to using this fun image from Whiff of Joy. (So many stamps...so little time?) It's called Melissa with Muffin Basket and it's simply adorable!

I stamped it on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black Ink then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored using Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush. I used my Quickie Glue Pen to add Crystal Ultrafine Glitter to the wings. The finished image was cut and embossed using Labels Four Nestabilities by Spellbinders.

The ribbon is 1" Teal Sheer by May Arts. I used Ivory Burlap String to tie the bow through the button.


The sentiment on the inside is Cupcake Kind of Day from Impression Obsession. Once again, I used my Labels Four Nestabilities to frame the sentiment and layers. The designer paper is from the Just Chillin' Girl paper pad by Making Memories. The cardstock is Intense Kiwi Prismatics and Island Mist Prismatics medium.

If this post doesn't make sense, or there are a lot of typos, it's because I'm trying not to miss anything on American Idol as I write it. So...whaddaya think? Who is going home tonight? Sadly, I think it may be Kris. But I'm off to watch and find out.
Edited to add: Oh NO! It's Danny! Wah! I LOVED him! I mean...he can SING! I guess that explains why I'm not in the music business? I think he's fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm shocked too over Danny getting voted off! Did you catch Simon's face when Kris was safe? He was obviously shocked too! LOL Ah well, I'm with you on staying out of the music biz and sticking with stamping LOL
Speaking of stamping, this card is a real cutie! Love the colors and that sweet image!

Denise Marzec said...

Looooooooove that teal sheer ribbon, especially with the cord and button. Goes SOOOO well with this Melinda image. Very pretty card!

...I can't even express what I think of Danny leaving. Just LOVED that guy. That's it, AI is banned! (yeah right)

Jekka said...

A beautiful card as always. I read your blog every day and I always have the same question so I am finally just going to ask it---in your posts you say that you stamp the image and then emboss it with clear EP. Then you go on to say that you color it.

Is the process really stamp, eboss and color? Or do you stamp, color and then emboss? Your images always look so pretty but I did not know you could color an image after embossing if in fact you really can.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Linda Carson said...

Adorable! Love that dp! I'm a huge Kris fan! This is the first year I don't want any of the top ones to leave! I think Adam will win.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your large bow with that gorgeously colored image Michelle!! Love the sparkly wings too! Darling card!!

Denise said...

WOW, this is one Beautiful card, Love the coloring & the sparkly wings. Great job.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Darling! LOVE the paper in the background!!

I CANNOT believe that Danny went home, seriously? I went back and listened to their singing again and Kris was terrible and Danny was fabulous!! What was America thinking??!?! :)

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Michelle...this is sooo soft and pretty!!! Such beautiful coloring on that adorable image and I love the gorgeous bow with the button!!!!!