Monday, May 4, 2009

It's JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream!

All week The Dream Team and I will be blogging with the JustRite Stampers new releases!

For today's project I used the new Homemade Treats Borders & Centers set with the 2-3/8" Wood Stamper . You all probably have those little mini loaf pans in your cupboard. The bread measures approximately 6" long and 2" high. No...I didn't bake! I got it from my friend's local specialty shop called The Wooden Spoon . They make gorgeous baskets of goodies, and some awesome breads, cookies and brownies. In fact, you will be seeing more of them in my posts later this week! Their brownies are my favorite...so I didn't get any of those. I KNEW I would have to eat them if I did. KWIM?


This is a view from the side. The designer paper I used is Penny Lane's Tiny Dancer by My Mind's Eye. The pink stripe is the reverse side of the pink and brown dotted paper. The cardstock is Pink Prismatics light and medium. I added mini rhinestones to the hearts for a little bling!


I measured around the mini bread loaf from side to side, and knew that my paper needed to be 6" long. The width of it is entirely up to you. Just keep in mind that it gets wider as you add decorative strips to each side of your main panel.

Since I added two border strips to each side, I decided to add a panel to the inside to be sure they all held together well. This picture is the inside of the strip which will only be seen when it's taken off the bread. I must encourage you to use STRONG adhesive because of the curve around the bread. I used Scor-Tape . And I was very generous with it. The last thing you want is for your gift to fall apart in the recipient's hands!


This is the bottom panel which goes under the bread loaf. It measures approximately 2" x 3.25". I scored at 1/2" from each side, then added Scor-Tape to each end so I could adhere it to the long decorative panel.

Now all you have to do is put your mini loaf on the bottom panel, and adhere the long panel to each side. You may have to adjust the length of your long panel depending on the height of your bread.

Be sure to see the other posts from the Dream Team. This is the schedule for the week:

Monday - Kimberly , Laurie , and me

Tuesday - Charmaine , Tosha , Cammie , and me

Wednesday - Denise , Tosha , and me

Thursday - Cindy , Laurie , and me

Friday - Cindy , Cammie , Tosha , Denise , and me

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with another JustRite project!

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh yummy project!....now I'm totally craving baked breads!! :) Love that tiny dancer DP. Thanks for the tutorial too!

Carolyn King said...

What a yummy treat---love your beautiful wrap for that bread!!!

jburns said...

I can't wait to show this to the Wooden Spoon family. I love the paper you used. Looking for to the other posts this week!

jburns said...

Looking FORWARD (lol) to the other posts this week. (i got way too excited..LOL)

Gabriela said...

Ok, this one needs to mailed to my house. Please send via Express overnight delivery - and do it pronto!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Looks yummy Michelle!! Love your sweet wrapping!! Super tutorial too.

Judy Rozema said...

What a sweet cover for your yummy treat! Love the PINK!

Joan Ervin said...

What wonderful packaging for that yummy bread....I love the beautiful paper and thanks for the great tutorial!!! This sure will make great Christmas presents....thanks for the inspiration!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE this, Michelle! Of course, I would never eat the bread because I wouldn't want to destroy the beautiful packaging! LOL