Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Because...

I absolutely LOVE this stamp, and yesterday was the first time I had a chance to play with it.

All stamps on this card are from the Siberian Iris clear stamp set by Flourishes.

I stamped the iris three times on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped images were colored with Tombow markers and a damp paint brush. One of them was cut out and popped up using foam tape, and only the center leaves of the third one was used.


The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Wisteria paper pad. The cardstock is all from the Amethyst Prismatics paper collection.

I wanted to embellish it more, but finally decided I should leave it alone. I wish my photography was better. The colors are so must prettier in real life.

Okay...I'm off to make dinner while I watch Dancing With The Stars. It's too close to the end to miss anything at this late stage! :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! Still one of my favorite Flourishes stamps, and you know I just LOVE that Wisteria..especially THAT pattern. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Michelle! LOVE this!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Michelle, this is soooo stunning!!!! The iris is one of my favorite Flourishes stamps and your watercoloring is sooo gorgeous!!! Love the Wisteria paper, too!!!!

Carol L said...

Gorgeous!! Colors, dsp, design......all just gorgeous! I'm always partial to anything purple, and this one is no exception! Your creativity just blows me away:)

Crystal said...

Simply gor-juss.... I'm not really a fav of purple, but that almost makes me a convert...
Lovely

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the purple :) I do love this Flourishes Set too and believe it or not I still don't own it - LOL!!! I better put it on my next wish list :)!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Wow - this is SO pretty Michelle!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Absolutely, positively GLORIOUS!

lisa808 said...

This pretty card does not need any embellishing. I love irises.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! WOW! The colors are soft and elegant and SO beautiful!!!! LOVE the design too!