Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just for Joan

It's a miracle...but I did manage to get one card made with the grands here all weekend! You have no idea what a feat that is with little ones everywhere! LOL!



Today the featured stamper is my dear friend Joan Ervin! Be sure to check out her gallery and her blog at Stamping With A Passion . Joan makes some really AWESOME cards, can color like nobody's business, and is such a sweetheart! Love ya Joan! Congratulations on your special day!!! :-)

Her card that I chose to case is HERE . I used the same general layout and the same stamp, because you know I LOVE those Sarah Kay images.

This one is called Rose's Garden . I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush, then cut and embossed with my oval Nesties.


The designer paper is Sera Sera by K & Company. The cardstock is Pink Prismatics medium and dark.

The strip across the center was made by punching with a Martha Stewart border punch. The self adhesive pearls were colored with Copic R85.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a great Sunday afternoon.

9 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Michelle! Love the dp with this sweet Sarah Kay image!!

Carol L said...

your coloring is exceptional on this sweet Sarah Kay image! I love the borders and colors! A great tribute to Joan who is one fabulous cardmaker!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - I already loved this card when I saw it on SCS - it's a beauty!!! Your coloring is just divine!!

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest card!! Joan is a top notch artist and the card simply exudes her wonderful charm.
Hugs Becca

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome CASE of Joan's card, Michelle. Beautiful card!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oooooh, girl...this is sooo over the top gorgeous!!!! I can't begin to tell you how special you are and how touched I was to see your card in the FS gallery...Thanks sooo much for casing one of my cards!!!! Your coloring is FABULOUS and I love the colors and papers you used on this...you totally ROCK, girlfriend!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just gorgeous, Michelle! I adore this image!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love your card and colours...I too am a huge lover of Sarah Kay.......

Judy Rozema said...

What amazing coloring you do! I always love to come for a visit and see what you have created!