Friday, May 15, 2009

Nest Teacup with Ribbon Rose


I've been on a mission the last few days to use stamps that I've been neglecting. So far, so good! LOL! I didn't have much time, so this is a quick and easy one, for sure. I really think it needs something else, but for the life of me I don't know what it is! Ever have those days???

This beautiful stamp is Impression Obsession's Nest Teacup . I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush.

I cut the stamped image with my circle nestabilities. Next I cut a layer of Twilight Light Prismatics using my Inverted Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. I layered that on to a scalloped circle cut from Island Mist Medium Prismatics . All layers were popped up with foam tape.


The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Wisteria paper pad.

Just for fun, I wanted to make a ribbon rose that I saw on Denise's Blog Post . Since I didn't have grosgrain to match my paper I used Teal 5/8" Sheer by May Arts. The tutorial for making the ribbon roses can be found HERE .

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a fantastic Friday, and a great weekend!

12 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my! That image is gorgeous! LOVE the ribbon rose!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, I wasn't a fan of the inverted scallop nestie...UNTIL NOW! LOOOOVE it layered with the scallop circle....hadn't seen that done yet. The colors and papers are gorgeous too!

Elaine A said...

Michelle -

Excellent job and a beautiful card! I just love the colors you have selected and I love that your medallion centerpiece is so different.

Elaine Allen

Heather T said...

I love the soft greens and blues you have used and the scalloping looks lovely.

Carol L said...

I love how you used that new Nestie! Looks fabulous with the scallops underneath! Great ribbon rose and colors, and I love the sparkly wings.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is so soft and pretty Michelle! LOVE these colors and your gorgeous ribbon rose!! Your teacup is colored beautifully too and looks great with the nesties frames!! Awesome!!

kathleen said...

Beautiful colours Michelle. Thanks for reminding me that I know how to make these ribbon roses and to use them on my cards.

Crystal said...

Love the image and the colors you used are fab... I think its great just the way it is, clean, simple and gor-juss!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

So beautiful, Michelle! Love the soft colors, the image, and the way you layered your nesties! Gorgeous!!

Joan Ervin said...

I agree with Denise...I wasn't a fan either till I saw this beauty..I love how you layered the nesties and that little tea cup image is beautiful!!! Gotta love that Wisteria dp, too!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such a pretty card, Michelle and I LOVE how those Nesties look layered! Very cool!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Fabulous card. These colours are beautiful sooooo fresh and springy...Great use of your nesties.