Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge 7

It's time for our Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge!!!

This month The Dream Team is issuing a challenge that includes colors, texture and bling!

The colors we are using are Island Mist Prismatics medium, Blush Red Prismatics dark, and either Birchtone Prismatics light OR Suede Brown Prismatics dark for your neutrals. You must add texture as we are with the Spellbinders Impressabilities and some bling!

Tosha says that compatible Stampin' Up colors are Baha Breeze, Riding Hood and Sahara Sand. If you don't have Prism Papers, you can use any colors that are similar! We want EVERYONE to play along! The texture can be Cuttlebug Folders or something else if you don't have Impressabilities. Use your imagination and dazzle us with your creativity!


I chose to use the Impressabilities Butterfly to texturize my Island Mist Prismatics medium background.

The stamp is Melinda with Bouquet by Whiff of Joy. I stamped it on watercolor paper, then cut it out with my Labels Three Nestabilities . The image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush.

I used my Quickie Glue Pen as an adhesive then sprinkled Crystal Ultrafine Glitter on the wings.

The corner flourish is cut from Blush Red Prismatics cardstock using my Spellbinders Flourish Accent Shapeabilities. The bling on the flourish is Zva Creative Mini Rhinestones applied with a touch of Mono Multi Liquid Glue .

The flowers and center brad are from my stash.



We would love for all of you to play along with this month's challenge! In fact, I have this prize for the lucky winner of the random drawing. All you have to do is follow the rules listed above and link your card in this post. If you post to the SCS gallery please use SDDC7 in the keywords so we can find it. I will announce the winner in my regular post on Thursday evening, May 28.

Please be sure to check out what the rest of the Dream Team has come up with for the challenge! Charmaine , Cammie , Denise , Kimberly , Laurie , and Tosha

Thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you all do with the challenge!

16 comments:

Carolyn King said...

What a beautiful card Michelle. Love the swirl corner!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, THIS Whiff of Joy image just might be my favorite. She's beautiful...as is your fantastic watercoloring! Love the layered flower with the pearly center too. :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful coloring Michelle!! Love the texture and touch of bling too! Super job with the challenge!!

Cheryl said...

That is gorgeous! I really enjoyed this challenge!

You can find mine on SCS:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1354484?cat=500&ppuser=132534

Mothermark said...

A very cool card Michelle! You did good! Love the colors together. Your card is wonderful!

Denise said...

Absolutely stunning! Love that color combo.

retiredheather said...

Great card Michelle. These are difficult colors to work with. Here is my cardHugs
Heather

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Such a pretty card and I love the colors! My card can be found here

http://www.stampingwithsheryl.typepad.com/stamping_with_sheryl/2009/05/fifth-avenue-floral-challenge.html

Carol L said...

Michelle, you and your dream team all made gorgeous samples for this month's challenge! These colors look beautiful together, but they completely stumped me! LOL I gave it a shot and you can find my card here:

http://ourlittleinspirations.blogspot.com/2009/05/stampers-dream-challenge-for-may.html

Have a happy holiday weekend!
Carol

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! Great colors for a challenge. I had a great time with this challenge.

Here is my card: http://stampinglifesprescription.blogspot.com/2009/05/stamping-or-house-work-hmmmm.html

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! This is a totally eye-catching beautiful card, Michelle! I love what you did with the design - that corner flourish is just the right touch with a little bling!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Michelle! Fabulous job on the challenge!

Shauna K said...

I need to get some more cardstock so I can better match colors, but here's my take! My Blog Post

Janice M said...

Beautiful card! That Prism paper is pretty! I don't have any so I had to use the SU colors. Here is my card.

http://inkeepaws.blogspot.com/2009/05/field-of-dreams.html

Elaine said...

I had a chance to play. Here's my card at SCS:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1361168?cat=500&ppuser=138363