Monday, September 28, 2009

Snowflake in Bloom


I took a little time this weekend to play with the Holly Berry House Snowflake In Bloom Medallion stamp. The possibilities just endless!

I stamped it using VersaMark Watermark Ink then embossed with JudiKins White Diamond Embossing Powder . I love that ep because it's white with silver glitter in it. It's soooooo pretty!

The image was stamped twice on Iced Colbalt Prismatics , and twice on Frosted Cobalt. It was then stamped once on Intense Cobalt, which is the bottom layer.

As you can see from my sample, I just kept cutting away at it, then stacking the layers using Scotch foam tape. Using my Quickie Glue Pen for adhesive, I added Art Institue Glitter's Crystal Ultrafine Glitter to each layer. The center is Kaiser Craft Snow White Pearls colored with a Copic C5 marker. You might need to click on the picture to see the detail. I had a hard time getting a good picture...darn it!

For the background I used my new Impression Obsession Fluff Cover-A-Card background stamp with my *NEW* Mega Mount Rocker Block . Oh...how I DO love that new block. So easy to use!!!



The panel behind the snowflake was cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Labels One Nestability . This last picture is just to show you the dimension.

So...that's it for me tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful in blue Michelle!! Love your layered flake!!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWW! That's gorgeous!

Jerri Kay said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle, love your design. A beautiful, beautiful snowflake!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Michelle - this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love this card in blue and the way you raised the snowflake!!!! The white embossing & glitter looks fab!!!
Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

WHOA!! The details are amazing!! I love the glitter, the layers and the beautiful colors of this GREAT card!!

Judy Rozema said...

WOWZA!!! This is just amazing! I am drooling here...

Elizabeth S. said...

Wow!! This is so pretty!!!

Julia Aston said...

I just love your snowflake Michelle! the layers and shimmer are just wonderful - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful!

Jill

Jennifer Scull said...

that is so pretty! love the soft colors!! :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is just toooo gorgeous for words, Michelle!!!!! I soooo love that FABULOUS snowflake and what a beautiful design!!!!!

Shauna K said...

WOW! this is super gorgeous! love the ribbon, the shimmer, the colors, everything is just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, this is stunning Michelle. Love that snowflake!
--Hugs Becca

ChristineCreations said...

Wow what a gorgeous snowflake & medallion...a beauty!