Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Path to a Friend's Home...

I know...I haven't posted much lately. (My bad!) It's just that life has been really busy lately with the office (my real job), the store, and numerous obligations I won't bore you with. Then there are all the other things that a girl needs to do. Like sleep? So this was supposed to be a quick and easy card. Looks like it, doesn't it? I have to confess that nothing I EVER make is quick! I'm just not one of those who can pull that off. Don't really know why. My mojo just doesn't cooperate, I guess. In the end, I really don't like this card much, and didn't do these stamps justice. But I finally just stopped *fiddling* with it so I could post. Don't you just hate it when that happens???

I digress.
I really do love this stamp set from the Stampendous new release. It's called Cardinal Path . It's a cling mount set that includes both the main image and the sentiment. Gotta love that!

I stamped it with Onyx Black Versafine ink, embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder, then colored with Tombow Markers .

The designer paper is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses . The cardstock is Blush Red Dark and Baby Blue Medium Prismatics. The snowflakes were cut with Spellbinders dies and covered with Crystal Ultrafine Glitter .

Gotta run...I need to get out the door for work. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

7 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

CLEARLY *something* has impaired your judgment! I think this is totally GORGEOUS! Your coloring is beautiful, the layout is perfect, and I love the glitter!

Carol L said...

I agree with Amy! This wintry scene is just beautiful, and I love the snowflake accent!

Cindy Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Stewart said...

Your card is absolutely perfect Michelle... love it!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

A perfectly lovely card. The red and blue combination is lovely together and the image is heartwarming.

Christina Fischer said...

I agree with Amy -- this card is beautiful!!! The layout, the image, the coloring -- it's a perfect winter card! :)

Leslie Miller said...

As you know, I can certainly relate. However, I think your card is adorable and you can just set it aside right now to send to me for Christmas. It's such a sweet scene, and I LOVE all that glitter! Merry Christmas... er... I mean, have a good week!